[Sca-cooks] Names; was; Packing from the Nimatnama

chawkswrth at aol.com chawkswrth at aol.com
Thu May 17 09:01:27 PDT 2007

Try Carol. We are indeed, Legion. I threatened one time to refer to our encampment at Gulf Wars as the Camp of 5 Carols. In college, I lived in a dorm with 6 other Carols. 2 of us were art students with glasses and long dark hair, and we had blond roommates named Donna who were nursing students. Confusion reigned....

My previous SCA name was Roscelin, by the time the Heralds got through with it. It was quickly shortened to Roz. Gee, there were 3 OTHER Rozs in the Kingdom. Two of them Peers, and we kept getting each others e-mails, because we all used the same e-mail provider!

 That is why I dug until I found the SCA Name I now use-Helen. I am the only Helen in Meridies. I think there is one in the East and one in the West, society-wide. I like having a chance at being individual, finally. <G>
Though it doesn't help when I get in trouble....

Helen