[Sca-cooks] Chicken question

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri May 18 10:31:59 PDT 2007

On 5/18/07, Georgia Foster <jo_foster81 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> like many farm grown kids, we had chickenss.  To this day I am not sure if
> my dislike of the live critter stems more  from being the one tasked
> one-too-many-times with cleaning out the coop or from the realization that
> chicken society is so similar to human society ... they select one to pick
> on and pick on that one until it is dead ... then thye pick on aonther one.
> I was frequently guilty of rescuing the poor featherless thing and keeping
> it safe under the steps until it had feathers again.

It may be that you had over a certain critical number. I haven't had
that problem with mine- even all 5 of the roosters get along
reasonably well. Goldenrod runs a tight ship- he regularly kicks his
brothers' tail feathers, but pretty much ignores Tie Dye, and Chewy,
who are both Banties. As far as the hens, the three Buff Orpingtons
are pretty much Queens of the Roost, and otherwise hang out with
Goldenrod and the other 5 full sized hens, while the banties have
their own little clique.

I've just got to figure out how to socialize the younger geese with my
flock of ducks and geese. Thinking of penning them next to each other
at night, so they're more used to each other. Don't mind them sorting
themselves out, but I don't want anybody hurt, either. What's funny,
is if Margali's geese are the breed I suspect they are, they're going
to wind up much larger than the ducks and my Romans- and they'll be
fairly aggressive.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Priorities:

HIPAA Penalties

42USC1320d-6 Wrongful disclosure of individually identifiable health information

(a) Offense

A person who knowingly and in violation of this part-

(1) uses or causes to be used a unique health identifier;

(2) obtains individually identifiable health information relating to
an individual; or

(3) discloses individually identifiable health information to another person,

shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

(b) Penalties

A person described in subsection (a) shall-

(1) be fined not more than $50,000, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both;