[Sca-cooks] Horchata - Barley Water

silverr0se at aol.com silverr0se at aol.com
Tue May 22 10:15:58 PDT 2007

To add to the grainy confusion...

Watching the Dotch Cooking Show (Japanese, with subtitles) I've noticed that sometimes their dishes are served with somehting called "barley rice." Is this a mixture of barley and rice, or maybe barley cooked in the manner of rice, or something completely different? Last time I saw this mentioned, the grains looked someting like the rooled barley I picked up at my local 99 Ranch Market but haven't had a chance to play with yet.

Anyone know any Japanese cooks?

Renata