[Sca-cooks] recommendations for fat

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue May 22 15:52:09 PDT 2007

Well, if you are really looking for documentation take a look at
Oxford Symposium 2002

FIXED ON FAT
The 2002 Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery
By Elizabeth D. Richter

Few of us can spread a pat of butter or add cream to our coffee without
a pang of guilt. Fat is bad. The evil “F” word is ingrained in our
psyche. Imagine the pleasure, then, for 170 food writers and culinary
historians from Chicago and around the globe who gathered last month at
St.Antony’s College in the 12th century college town of Oxford, England,
to spend three days talking about, lecturing about, learning about, and
yes, eating fat, all kinds of fat.

http://www.oxfordsymposium.org.uk/symposium2002.html

Johnnae