[Sca-cooks] Kings College Class test part 1. (Long)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue May 22 20:16:02 PDT 2007

Gunthar discussed his trial cooking for a class he is teaching at
King's College in a few weeks:
<<< All the chickens were done and very tasty. The game hens were
a little salty and some grit had gotten through. More parchment paper
needed next time. But they had wonderful flavor and were very
juicy from basically being steam baked.

The dutch oven roasted chicken was the favorite. Herby and smoky
and moist.

The spinning chicken was very moist and had the best color. It also had
a wonderful carmalized skin and delicate smoked flavor.

The chicken and leeks was terrific and would be best served over
toasted bread so the sauce isn't wasted. >>>

Sounds wonderful. I'm looking forward to it. :-) I'm signed up for
Gunthar's class.

I hope he has enough food since he didn't limit his class size. :-)

I will be teaching a one hour class on the Florilegium and a two hour
hands-on pewter casting class at the same event. and surprisingly
they didn't conflict with Gunthar's class on the schedule.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com