[Sca-cooks] butter from almond milk?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue May 22 21:34:55 PDT 2007

Eyd?s asked about almond butter:
<<< I've
successfully made butter before with an electric
mixer and I tried to do the same with the almond
milk but all I got was frothy almond milk. How is
butter made from almond milk?  >>>

I'm not sure about almond butter, but how about almond cream?

In the FOOD-SWEETS section of the Florilegium:
almond-cream-msg  (28K)  6/17/04    A sweet custard filling used in
sotelties.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/almond-cream-msg.html

And for quite a lot about almond milk, in the FOOD section:
almond-milk-msg   (92K)  6/30/06    Making almond milk. Recipes.
Deskinning nuts
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/almond-milk-msg.html

Stefan
--------