[Sca-cooks] Spanish books was Book Search

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu May 24 15:29:31 PDT 2007

Gretchen Allen Johns wrote:
> Is anyone aware of an English translation or a webbed version of either of
> the following books:
> Vergel de sanidad: que por otro nombre se llamava Banquete de cavalleros y
> orden de Bivir..     By Lobera de Avila

The 1542 is on microform.

By the same author  *variant title: Banquete de nobles caballeros (1530)*

Luis *Lobera de Avila *  is available in a 1952 reprint. Oh and there's a

1996 *1. ed. **Spanish*  Book 227 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
San Sebastián : R & B Ediciones, ; ISBN: 8488947593 9788488947598

Collección de textos gastronómicos ;; 11; *Variation:* Coleccíon Textos
gastronómicos ;; 12.

There's also a 1923 reprint volume titled *Libro del régimen de la salud :*
*y de la esterilidad de los hombres y mujeres, y de las enfermedades de
los niños, y otras cosas utilísimas /*

Luis *Lobera de Avila*;  Baltasar *Hernández Briz*

His works appear in Spanish, German, Dutch, Italian, French, Latin,
Portuguese, but not in English.

> Dialogos de philsophia natural y moral     By Enrique Jorge Enriquez

That title appears to be wrong. *Keyword Dialogos AND Keyword philsophia
*did not find any records in this database.Enrique Enriquez appears in
RLIN to be the author of only one book. It is on microfilm and it's in
Spanish.

Hope this helps,

Johnna