[Sca-cooks] New (?) Trailer Laws for Pennsylvania

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun May 13 15:24:06 PDT 2007

I don't think you should have any problem as long as the trailer has proper
brake and turn indicator lights, has the correct tires and safety chains.
The break point appears to be 3000 pounds gross weight and most of the
regulations are for the heavier trailers that also need to meet DOT and ICC
specifications (and dishing out the same for people hauling mansions on
wheels).  If your trailer is in road-worthy condition roughly as it was
delivered from the factory, you should be fine.  If you are concerned, call
the Pennsylvania State Troopers and ask if your trailer meet their
standards.

Bear

For those of you who pull trailers, I hear this is some new information
about them for driving through Pennsylvania.  Some of it is rather scary...
I've never been stopped before while pulling my 10' x 5' trailer, but now,
after reading some of the stuff here, I am worried about my new smaller one
that is only 8' x 4' <sigh>.

  http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter175/subchapGtoc.html