[Sca-cooks] New (?) Trailer Laws for Pennsylvania

Helen Schultz meisterin02 at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 20:25:45 PDT 2007

Actually, I have a public apology to make... I panicked with I heard about
this code, and found out later that it actually only applies to Pennsylvania
residents and their vehicles.  So, I am so very sorry for the confusion and
my own panic attack <sigh>.

But, at least, now anyone who does pull a trailer through PA will know that
they just *might* get pulled over at the very least.    Just make sure your
own vehicles are up to your own state's codes, and I think all should be OK.

Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
Middle Kingdom

The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo

Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:  I don't think you should have any problem as long as the trailer has proper
brake and turn indicator lights, has the correct tires and safety chains.
The break point appears to be 3000 pounds gross weight and most of the
regulations are for the heavier trailers that also need to meet DOT and ICC
specifications (and dishing out the same for people hauling mansions on
wheels). If your trailer is in road-worthy condition roughly as it was
delivered from the factory, you should be fine. If you are concerned, call
the Pennsylvania State Troopers and ask if your trailer meet their
standards.

Bear