[Sca-cooks] Not just Fabulous Feasts

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Wed May 30 19:29:23 PDT 2007

I noticed recently a reference to a "Madeleine Cosman" in a context
unrelated to cooking. Lou Dobbs, who I gather is a television
commentator hostile to immigration, asserted that there had been 7000
cases of leprosy in the past three years, which he attributed to
immigrants. He offered, as his source, "a medical lawyer named Dr.
Madeleine Cosman." I did a little online checking, and it is indeed
the same Madeleine Cosman who wrote _Fabulous Feasts_. For an article
by  her making the claim see:

http://www.newswithviews.com/Cosman/madeleine3.htm

The figure is false--7000 is actually the number for the past thirty
years, not the past three years. Apparently cooking history wasn't
the only field where she was careless with facts.
--
David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com