[Sca-cooks] Comfit Making

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 30 16:09:01 PDT 2007

Stefan asked why I raised the temperature.  Actually, I didn't.  I lowered
it because I wanted smooth comfits, not ragged ones.  Adamantius, if you
want smooth comfits, try the instructions in my "article".  They came out
pretty good, if I do say so.  I think the key is only adding small amounts
of syrup at a time and keeping the temperature of the syrup at the
"sleeked" stage.  I think that if it gets upwards of 190 and 200 you will
end up with more ragged comfits rather than really smooth ones.

Alys

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/