[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving menu

rattkitten rattkitten at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 22 18:47:01 PST 2007

In a message dated 11/20/2007 10:23:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> ranvaig at columbus.rr.com writes:
>
> <<What are the rest of you cooking for  Thanksgiving?>>

Ok Planned menu was...
Grilled Turkey (Take the Bird and Cut it to the pieces ((leg, wing,
breast, thigh x2))  and marinate overnight.)
Marinated in a Cranberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Sauce  (I swear to you I
just made this one up as I went and I think it was the Best Damn Bird I
have ever had!)
Wilted Brussels Sprout Salad (from /Bon Appetite/ December 2006)
Green beans Sauteed with Chestnuts (Used an idea from /Celtic Folklore
Cooking/ from a recipe for Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts)
Twice Baked Cheesy Garlic Potatoes (From a Restaurant I worked at in
college)
Fruit Salad (From well Work... It was just past date and going to go bad
over the weekend so we all split it up...)

For Dessert
Chocolate Pecan Pie (From www.recipesource.com  )  Topped with Chocolate
Whipped Cream and powdered sugar
Cranberry Sorbet from the Ice Cream Maker (recipe from www.cooksrecipes.com)
And a Chocolate Chip Cookie for the Kid who later tried the pecan pie as
well... ;)

The Only thing that changed was the Turkey... I turned on the Grill, it
got up to 300 degrees and sputter sputter poof out of gas....
So I roasted the pieces in the oven, brushing the marinade on as it
cooked.  (Not the marinade marinade but the sauce that I made to use as
a BBQ sauce since it was going to grill...) Yes I know not to use the
marinade from the raw bird... :)

A rather darn good meal if I do say so myself.

Nichola