[Sca-cooks] OT & OOP: Sweeney Todd movie

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 30 06:57:13 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
On a side note, I had forgotten earlier to mention my other favorite
production of Sweeney Todd: about six minute's worth of the opening of
Act II appears in Kevin Smith's movie "Jersey Girl". 17 people on the
planet have seen it. Apart from gratuitous Ben Affleck as Sweeney,
it's actually an enormous amount of fun. George Carlin gets killed and
everything!   > > > > > > >

The PTA was mortified!!  the talent show for the elementary school kids, and
it was a hoot.  It is to date my only exposure to Sweeney the barber.  I
thought from that movie scene that it was about the woman/girl character . .
. imagine my surprise.  I should have paid closer attention.  The dad was
the barber, if I recall, and his arrival at the school stage was in itself a
sort of redemption sort of thing.  Imagine that I am one of 17 people :o)

I was wondering if anyone else had seen it, but didn't want to clutter the
bandwidth sith another extraneous thought . . . glad you brought it up!

niccolo difrancesco