[Sca-cooks] student-grade knives?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 25 21:37:47 PST 2007

Adamantius mentioned:
<<<
 > In the right-hand margin, there is a link for a single set of the
 > knives fo
 > 39.99, so this does look like two for one price . . . but no
 > discount over
 > buying one set from them.

True, but since I have seen (and in fact purchased) student-grade
chef's knives (the legendary 10-inch Dick, in fact) for the price of
that double-set, I thought it was a pretty good deal.

So what is the difference between "student-grade" and other (chef's?)
knife sets? The student-grade knives are newer? Or they've been
through less or are less experienced?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas