[Sca-cooks] squashes/pumpkins

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Nov 9 12:30:29 PST 2007

Numerous texts such as John Harvey's work on Medieval Gardens explain
how many new world plants took over the names
of old world plants. The beans are one; the gourds another. The
Florilegium and the archives ought to have
a number of former pumpkin/squash posts that go into all the details.

Johnnae