[Sca-cooks] Possible bargain on knife set for anyone interested...

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 19 05:47:51 PST 2007

Indeed, this looks like two full sets of Farberware, and as best I can
make out from the photo these are the same I've seen and considered in
the store for as much as that asking price for a single set (and seen in
catalogs for even more).

>From having sharpened these in the past (at least what I believe to have
been the same manufacturer / grade / design), and even owned an "orphan"
or two, they may take some work to get the edge you want on any given
blade.  The factory edge tends to be too steep -- closer to 30 degrees
than 20 -- and not always complete to the tip. In the worst instance,
there was a flat space on the very tip (perpendicular to the length of
the blade) nearly 5mm square; took me about two hours of hand work to
reshape that one.

Once a good edge is there, I've seldom seen problems in maintaining
these over the long term.

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe (Mike C. Baker)

Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em | alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com OR
MCBaker216 at cs.com
Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen |