[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving menu

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 05:25:05 PST 2007

We're actually going over to a friend's house for dinner, that is, if
Phillip is able to get home from Denver to night (I understand that
it's snowing in Denver, so how early it stops may determine if he's
going to get home today!)  I'm making Selen's Dread Chocolate Mousse,
with my small adaptations (using Splenda instead of sugar).

However, we may cook a turkey breast on Friday...I found a wonderful recipe in
"Saveur" magazine that calls for the turkey to be brined in a mixture
that includes apple cider and chopped Granny Smith apples.  Cooking
involves more GS apples and calvados.  It really sounds
wonderful...It's from the November issue, and can be found online at
http://www.saveur.com/food/classic-recipes/crisp-apple-scented-roast-turkey-with-cidercalvados-gravy-54843.html

Hope all of you have a great holiday!!

Kiri

On Nov 20, 2007 10:23 PM,  <ranvaig at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking about doing a Thanksgiving brunch, because my son and daughter in law will be having dinner with her family in the afternoon.  Appetizers, Turkey breast, Belgian waffles with berries, and whipped cream, with pumpkin pie later in the day.
>
> What are the rest of you cooking for Thanksgiving?
>
> Ranvaig

Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
                    -- C.E. Lawrence