[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving menu

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 21 08:33:29 PST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007, at 10:24 AM, S CLEMENGER wrote:

> The recipe looks really yummy, if also a LOT of work! That much
> basil, though....I'd think it'd be pretty overwhelming.  I'll be
> interested in hearing how you adapt it for a turkey breast...I have
> room for one of those (although not a whole turkey, alas!)

Um, are you bearing in mind that (unless I'm way off here) there are
some quantities probably listed without their fractional or other
punctuation? One cup salt, one third, rather than thirteen, cup brown
sugar, three to five cloves garlic instead of thirty-five, and one
half, rather than twelve, cups fresh basil? Or does a half cup seem
overpowering? If it were dried, I'd definitely agree...

Or maybe it _is_ twelve cups.

We're basically not doing Thanksgiving this year, for practical
purposes...

Adamantius