[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving menu

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 08:56:34 PST 2007

Good thought...thanks for pointing it out.  I'll try the quantities as
I make it...almost like redacting a period recipe, eh?

Kiri

On Nov 21, 2007 11:33 AM, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius
<adamantius1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Nov 21, 2007, at 10:24 AM, S CLEMENGER wrote:
>
> > The recipe looks really yummy, if also a LOT of work! That much
> > basil, though....I'd think it'd be pretty overwhelming.  I'll be
> > interested in hearing how you adapt it for a turkey breast...I have
> > room for one of those (although not a whole turkey, alas!)
>
> Um, are you bearing in mind that (unless I'm way off here) there are
> some quantities probably listed without their fractional or other
> punctuation? One cup salt, one third, rather than thirteen, cup brown
> sugar, three to five cloves garlic instead of thirty-five, and one
> half, rather than twelve, cups fresh basil? Or does a half cup seem
> overpowering? If it were dried, I'd definitely agree...
>
> Or maybe it _is_ twelve cups.
>
> We're basically not doing Thanksgiving this year, for practical
> purposes...
>
> Adamantius

Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
                    -- C.E. Lawrence