[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving menu

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:35:18 PST 2007

My family are far enough away that we don't get together for the holidays and I happily make a special menu each year for myself.  This year:

Breakfast will feature an orange and cranberry bread I will bake today.

Appetizer of smoked salmon mousse which I will prepare today.

The main course:
Turkey cutlets with buttered sage and pecan sauce
Baked stuffing
Brussels sprouts hash with carmalized onions
Parsnip puree with white truffle oil
Cranberry sauce

Dessert will be pumpkin crepes with pumpkin filling (a take on Crepes Suzette) which I wll prepare today and reheat tomorrow.  I already cooked and pureed the pumpkin (from our garden).

I love to create a holiday menu for Thanksgiving and the Christmas/New Year holidays.  I select the wines, search for new and interesting recipes and generally think of this as a special gift to myself each year.  I have all (and I mean ALL) the SCA feasts here in the West Kingdom to share the holidays with friends!

Katira