[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving menu

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Nov 22 09:02:12 PST 2007

In a message dated 11/20/2007 10:23:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ranvaig at columbus.rr.com writes:

<<What are the rest of you cooking for  Thanksgiving?>>

Let's see.

I made the pumpkin pie this morning.  We are currently in a holding  pattern
on stuffing the turkey with our family bread stuffing until it thaws  enough
to do so.  A 14.5 lb turkey that I got out of the freezer and put in  the
fridge Tuesday morning, soaked in the packaging for over an hour this  morning, and
it's been soaking in cold water out of the package for about 40  minutes now
and we just barely managed to get the giblets out...

Then we will have mashed sweet potatos with butter and whatever anyone else
wants to put on them, asparagus which I think I am going to saute' with some
garlic pepper, crescent rolls, and canned cranberry jelly.

It's only me, Angus, my mom, and a picky nearly three-year-old for dinner,
so that should be plenty.

Brangwayna