[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving menu

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Nov 22 09:11:15 PST 2007

At 09:02 AM 11/22/2007, you wrote:

>I made the pumpkin pie this morning.  We are currently in a holding  pattern
>on stuffing the turkey with our family bread stuffing until it thaws  enough
>to do so.  A 14.5 lb turkey that I got out of the freezer and put in  the
>fridge Tuesday morning, soaked in the packaging for over an hour
>this  morning, and
>it's been soaking in cold water out of the package for about 40  minutes now
>and we just barely managed to get the giblets out...

Ours is in the sink covered with water as we speak. It went straight
into the refrigerator Sunday afternoon...

>  Then we will have mashed sweet potatos with butter and whatever
> anyone else
>wants to put on them, asparagus which I think I am going to saute' with some
>garlic pepper, crescent rolls, and canned cranberry jelly.

Hmm... the cranberry jelly should be really interesting on asparagus.
But how do you saute crescent rolls? ;-)

'La- er... Phlip.
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than
our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore