[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving menu

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Thu Nov 22 09:38:06 PST 2007

We're small (only three people) this year and its been a rough couple of
months work wise for me, so I told my mom she had a choice between going to
a restaurant or letting me do experimental food.

She wisely went with option B :)

We're having

Mushroom pate (which apparently defines thanksgiving for my mom...I told her
she could pick ONE thing from our traditional menu that I'd make :)) as an
appetizer

 a pork loin roast, stuffed with gorgonzola and fig, with a balsamic
reduction sauce (totally experimental...I've seen recipes for similar things
but I'll figure it out as I go along ;))

Oven roasted root veggies (mmm parsnips, with sweet tater, white tater and
carrots) with roast brussel sprouts (they looked lovely in the store)

Acorn squash halves, stuffed with a wild rice pilaf that was made with
orange juice, cranberries and pecans (reminds me...need to get the rice
cooker going...)

For dessert, a glass of good port and a single home made truffles, alongside
pears poached in Riesling (or a pear crisp, whichever the muse tells me to
make)

Whee! I love playing in the kitchen :)

--Anne-Marie, in Seattle where its bright blue sky and frosty out. Lovely!