[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving menu

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 11:21:16 PST 2007

Well, our plans got changed because I have a really nasty cold and
sore throat...and, quite frankly, don't feel like fixing anything!!
So, instead of going to a friend's house for dinner, my wonderful
husband is going to make beef strogonoff for today.  Later, probably
tomorrow, I'll make the buttermilk-cardamom pie (going to try it with
Splenda) and do the turkey from Saveur and the rest of our dinner on
Sunday.  Wish me luck!!

Kiri

On Nov 22, 2007 12:38 PM, Anne-Marie Rousseau <dailleurs at liripipe.com> wrote:
> We're small (only three people) this year and its been a rough couple of
> months work wise for me, so I told my mom she had a choice between going to
> a restaurant or letting me do experimental food.
>
> She wisely went with option B :)
>
> We're having
>
> Mushroom pate (which apparently defines thanksgiving for my mom...I told her
> she could pick ONE thing from our traditional menu that I'd make :)) as an
> appetizer
>
>  a pork loin roast, stuffed with gorgonzola and fig, with a balsamic
> reduction sauce (totally experimental...I've seen recipes for similar things
> but I'll figure it out as I go along ;))
>
> Oven roasted root veggies (mmm parsnips, with sweet tater, white tater and
> carrots) with roast brussel sprouts (they looked lovely in the store)
>
> Acorn squash halves, stuffed with a wild rice pilaf that was made with
> orange juice, cranberries and pecans (reminds me...need to get the rice
> cooker going...)
>
> For dessert, a glass of good port and a single home made truffles, alongside
> pears poached in Riesling (or a pear crisp, whichever the muse tells me to
> make)
>

> Whee! I love playing in the kitchen :)
>
> --Anne-Marie, in Seattle where its bright blue sky and frosty out. Lovely!

Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
                    -- C.E. Lawrence