[Sca-cooks] Friday Thanksgiving

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 22 10:31:53 PST 2007

Tonight when I get home from work I'll brine the fresh turkey that
has been sitting patiently in the fridge.
Tomorrow it will be roasted with maybe a sage butter rubbed under
the skin and apple, celery, onion, garlic in the cavity.

Stock will be made from the neck and giblets with more celery and onion
then made into gravy.

Cornbread stuffing with chicken stock, boiled egg, sauteed onion, celery, garlic
and mushrooms.
Maybe mashed potatoes.
An acorn squash baked with brown sugar and butter.
Green salad.
I LIKE La Suer peas!
and probably a pumpkin pie.

It will just be for me and the cats. Elizabeth will be home on Saturday evening
so we will enjoy assorted leftovers.

Happy Thanksgiving and thank you to everyone over all these years
for keeping this list strong and THE place to be.

Yers,

Gunthar
Happy List Administrator