[Sca-cooks] barley water

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 25 07:00:21 PST 2007

On Nov 25, 2007, at 1:48 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> I'm a bit behind in reading my digests so I'm not sure if Gunthar has
> posted a reply to this yet or not.
>
> I have found barley water available in bags, similar to tea bags, at
> an Asian grocery. But it is rather uncommon and it may take some
> searching for.

FWIW, I think what you're talking about may be a Korean product,
which, yes, is for making an infusion of roasted barley, a sort of tea.

However, I also think this is different from European barley water,
which is basically water boiled with barley until it has taken on a
starchy, slightly mucilaginous viscosity (then usually sweetened and
flavored).

Adamantius, in need of roasted bean infusions...