[Sca-cooks] OT OOP tedious process

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 25 14:05:23 PST 2007

Alluvial diamonds have also been found, IIRC, on the Sacramento River in
California in 1858.  If memory still serves, the source was a hydraulic
mining operation called the Cherokee Mine, which was bought out in the early
20th Century by a low profile consortium, that may have been a corporate
front for DeBeers.

Diamonds have also turned up around Placerville and a few places in Idaho.

Bear