[Sca-cooks] Precious stones to ward off evils

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 19:16:02 PST 2007

Daniel wrote:
> Regarding the believed properties of stones it seems to me that there were several intersecting belief sets related to religions.
Never thought of that before as my only sources are Christian Spain
until now.
He continues:
> Be that as it may there are some stones that are relatively region
> specific, jade is specific case in point.
I disagree, I think? We are dealing with nobility. Logic as I see it is
that the more valuable the stone the more powerful it would be against
evils. So jade would be important for the lower nobility of a specific
region but not for the upper class nobles who could afford diamonds.
> The Christian se[c]ts also intersect directly, albeit in late period, with those of India, China and Japan and in early period the Pagan.

Now I want to know your sources. My first reference is Spain 15th C but
I shy away from other European countries. Please enlighten me.
Suey