[Sca-cooks] one-trick ponies

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Nov 27 08:09:11 PST 2007

I have a number of things that are one use or infrequent use.
Classic angel food cake pan that is used only for angel food cakes.
(I have another I use for tube cakes.)
Corers, a tricky device that removes the peels off oranges, lots of
fruit gadgets,
certain BBQ tools that are just kept with the grill,
the one candy thermometer that is used for hard candies and nothing else.
A lot of my garnishing tools are designed to make one cut or shape
or accomplish only one function but they do it well.
The one knife is designed for uniform bread slicing. I have a number
of specialty rolling pins. In appliances I have a pizzelle machine that make
4 minis and another that makes doubles plus I also own a krumkake maker and
a waffle cone maker.  They all produce a different size cookie.

Johnnae