[Sca-cooks] one-trick ponies

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 09:45:16 PST 2007

> From: karobert at unm.edu> > cailte> still seeking the perfect leaping stag

When I do those for the Outlands, or any other Arms, I simply print out the picture of the device then enlarge or reduce the picture, or part of the picture, to the size I want/need then cut out the image and use it as a pattern to cut around.  I either cut through a thick piece of marzipan and round down for the muscle/bone/item structure so it isn't just a flat piece of something.  With stuff like the Arms of An Tir that has that cool lion rampant I even use that nifty playdough extruder to make the "hair" of the mane, tail, etc.

Anyway, by using the copy/enlarge method you can use some nice copper or tin flashing to bend around the picture and make your own cutter.

Olwen