[Sca-cooks] Fw: OT & OOP: Beowulf

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Nov 29 23:39:35 PST 2007

At 11:33 PM 11/29/2007, you wrote:

>Personally I'm just looking forward to the flash/mash
>up vids of Leonitas (sp?) and Beowulf in a shouting
>match.
>
>"THIS IS SPARTA!"
>
>"I AM BEOWULF!"
>
>"THIS IS SPARTA!"
>
>"I AM BEOWULF!"
>
>That should be funny.  Once.
>
>Gorm

It would be funnier if it was "Beowulf is min nama!" and then
whatever in Greek... Ok, maybe just the language geeks would get a
laugh out of that.

(Ok, once at Kalamazzo, a couple of people got on the same elevator
with me, talking quite animatedly in some Germanic tongue. I was busy
perusing the session catalog- until suddenly I realized that they
were conversing in Anglo-Saxon! I couldn't join in because all I
could come up with at the moment was "Hwaet! We Gar-Dena   in
gear-dagum/ theod-cyninga, thrym gefrunon..." But it was way cool to
actually hear the language used... as language.)

'Lainie
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than
our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore