[Sca-cooks] Fw: OT & OOP: Beowulf

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Fri Nov 30 06:54:21 PST 2007

Sweet!
--Maire
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Laura C. Minnick<mailto:lcm at jeffnet.org>
  To: Cooks within the SCA<mailto:sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
  Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 12:39 AM
  Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Fw: OT & OOP: Beowulf

  (Ok, once at Kalamazzo, a couple of people got on the same elevator
  with me, talking quite animatedly in some Germanic tongue. I was busy
  perusing the session catalog- until suddenly I realized that they
  were conversing in Anglo-Saxon! I couldn't join in because all I
  could come up with at the moment was "Hwaet! We Gar-Dena   in
  gear-dagum/ theod-cyninga, thrym gefrunon..." But it was way cool to
  actually hear the language used... as language.)