[Sca-cooks] A dessert to go with lasagne???

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 30 07:00:43 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
So...for Christmas (day) a few of my friends and I are going to get together
for a nice dinner, the main course for which will feature lasagne (I'm
assuming some sort of beef/meat variant).  My task is to bring the dessert.
I'm not having a lot of luck thinking of possible desserts that would suit
being served as part of an Italian dinner, AND be nice enough to have a bit
of a "shine" for the holiday AND only serve a small number of people.  So, I
thought I'd ask the list--what would you guys make in such a situation?

Personally, given the season, I would make either apple or pear gallettes (I
don't remember the Italian term) and serve with warm zabaglione.  The open
free formed tartlets are perfectly light enough for the heavy meal.  There
are tons of other medieval options out there that could work.

Ask Maestra Serena here about (german) pecan tarts that are made with the
egg whites to use the half of the egg that the zabalione doesn't use.

niccolo difrancesco