[Sca-cooks] Spice history book

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 8 08:30:39 PDT 2007

Johnnae wrote:
>There's a new interesting website on spices.
>http://spicehistory.net/SPICE%20%20HISTORY.html
>
>The creator of the site is Michael Krondl. He's the author of the new
>book Conquest: The Rise and Fall of the Three Great Cities of Spice.
>It's due to be published at the end of October.
>The book looks at the supply, demand and trade of spices and at the
>spice centers of Venice, Lisbon and Amsterdam.
>
>Johnnae

I may get this book. Interestingly, in his online excerpt on Venice from the book, Mr. Krondi links to here: http://www.geocities.com/helewyse/libro.html.

I noted that the proprietor of the restaurant in Venice grumbled that Italians are not really interested in the tastes of medieval and Renaissance cuisine.

Gianotta