[Sca-cooks] OOP Need some advice....

rattkitten rattkitten at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 23 17:30:55 PDT 2007

Ok folks we are redesigning my kitchen at work and I am getting 400 more
square feet.

I need HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I have requested a walk-in combo, a new stove with 10 eyes, a convection
oven (already have 2 ovens with 2 racks per), a warming unit.
I am keeping all of the tables and getting more, all of the shelves and
getting more, keeping the Hobart (ok Jackson) dishwasher, I am fairly
good on smallwares... However here is my question...

I will in the future be preparing food for about 600 kids (Tops) ((I am
at 200 right now)).  What do I need?  I have never really done that
large of a scale...
Example... Right now when I prepare pasta for the little bast...
angels... I use basically 2 large stock pots.  Is there something
better?  Maybe a tilt type cooker?  I saw this thing at a Camp kitchen
that we used at an event that you cooked soup or whatever in and then
tilted it up to pour the contents into your containers...

So what I am asking is what do you big boy professional types play
with?  I mean lets say pasta once a week, for 600? what would you use?
And then go from there...

I am thinking a floor mixer would be good, then a grinder..
What wisdom can I glean from you all?

Hopeful
Nichola