[Sca-cooks] Jules/Catalina's Book, good bye

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 08:33:19 PDT 2007

> And Gunthar, if you don't like what I'm saying, you should let me say> it anyway. After all, _I_ have been diagnosed with freckles.> > -- > Saint Phlip
Actually, I agree with most of what you have said. We get people on
this several times a year when they come on to educate us unwashed
masses and when they find out that we just might know as much or
even more than them and question their assertations they often flounce
off with some excuse about how we are mean. Many of these people
realize they have a lot to learn and stay on to become welcome
contributers to this list, some stay on but stay quiet and learn, some
leave in a huff because we don't take everything they say at face value.
Often, in internet forums a person will claim some disability in order to gain
sympathy and understanding, whether this ailment is real or a call for the
spotlight depends on the person.

I'm not saying the poster was lying or anything like that. I do see it as
a common situation on many lists and forums. If she wished to stay and
learn and share she would be welcome here. But if she wishes to throw
a temper tantrum, take her ball and go home all the while asking for
sympathy for her condition then she is equally free to go. The people on
this list are extremely generous with their time and knowledge and we
accept a wide range of gentles. I also hope that the people who lurk on
here are not intimidated from speaking opinions or asking questions. Everyone
is allowed to contribute but everyone needs to be aware that this group
loves to debate and get to the real truth of the matter.

Sorry to hear about the freckles. I'm sure there is an elist support group
as well as a section in the Floriegium to help you deal with the issue. There
is also a fund-raising concert featuring Bono of U2 being held in Bolivia next
month to raise awareness of the tragedy of freckles.

Gunthar