[Sca-cooks] Semi-OT: regional cheese variations

Juliann juliann at juliann.net
Tue Oct 30 22:16:06 PDT 2007

On 31 Oct 2007, at 04:56, sca-cooks-request at lists.ansteorra.org wrote:

> Message: 10
> Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 00:56:38 -0400
> From: Robin Carroll-Mann <rcmann4 at earthlink.net>
>

> My first thought is that the problem may be with the type of milk.
> Many
>   American and British cheese varieties are made with cow's milk.  The
> two continental cheese you mentioned -- Gouda and Fontina -- are cow's
> milk cheeses.  Might be worth looking into.

I eat cows' milk cheese daily (usually two or more of brie,
camembert, mozzarella, edam or port salut) with no problems so alas
that is not it. :( FWIW Edam makes a good substitute in texture for
many classic American cheeses like the Jacks and is ideal for grilled
cheese sandwiches :)

--Brygyt
frustrated cheesefreak