[Sca-cooks] ants

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Oct 25 18:47:44 PDT 2007

At 06:30 PM 10/25/2007, you wrote:
>As has been said Boric acid, or what I use which is Borateem, 20 mule team
>borax.  When I first begin to see them I mix some in a teaspoon of honey and
>spread it where I find them most.  Pretty soon you have this bunch of ants
>bellying up to the bar in crowds.  The next day, they are gone and you can
>clean up the honey.  I put some of the powder in the window openings, and
>across the thresholds.  I see a very few, but none in my food-stuffs and
>those I can see get squished or sprayed with water.
>
>Regina

I've also found that a spritz of my spray-on hair conditioner
(Aussie) discourages them. And if you encounter flying insects or
spiders, give them a quick shot of hair spray. It gums up their wings
and clogs up their respiration holes.

'Lainie
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than
our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore