[Sca-cooks] OOP - NYT article on emerging, exotic, slightly dangerous food trend...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Oct 28 23:12:34 PDT 2007

Muiriath complained:

<<< I have a daughter who attends 4th grade. We always get flyers from
the school about what is suggested "party food" Also what should and
should not be in a child's lunch.  I find it a bit hypocritical that
when I ask my daughter what kinds of vegetables are served in the
cafeteria, she says canned peas, over cooked carrots or corn.  Never
any salads, rarely fresh fruit (usually canned with heavy syrup)  and
only milk as a drink choice.

    Now I do agree that there are many over weight children , I see it
all the time. But it seems counter productive to reduce physical
activity yet still offer a less then balanced meal. >>>

Ah, yes. But did you count the tomato catsup as a vegetable or not?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com