[Sca-cooks] Sushi boats

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Sun Oct 28 22:23:39 PDT 2007

Stefan li Rous wrote:
> Interesting. Also sounds like it could get expensive, real quick. I
> assume they explain the color and price scheme when you first sit
> down.
I think two systems are common.  In one, every plate costs the same.  In
the other, the plates are colour-coded.   When you are finished, your
bill is calculated by counting the number of empty plates.

>  Still, it reminds me of why I don't like cafeterias. I hate to
> get half-way down the line and then realize I really want what I'm
> now seeing rather than the item(s) I picked up earlier.
Usually, the quantity on each plate is small (like, one or two smallish
pieces of sushi), so you can get several things.  And since the stream
is replenished constantly and keeps moving, you can have a good look at
the selection before choosing.  It's quite fun, actually.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?