[Sca-cooks] Armored Turnips

Vitaliano Vincenzi vitaliano at shanelambert.com
Thu Oct 4 13:42:19 PDT 2007

Actually, the original recipe calls for "spices". It's the redaction
you are using that calls for Ginger, which very likely could have been
the spice the original author used, but doesn't mean it is. I don't
know enough about what spices where used with what vegetables to
really say for sure, but can tell you that Mace or Nutmeg works as
well and is how I usually make it. 1/3 tsp. with or without the
Cinnamon would work well in the recipe below.

I would also suggest using either provolone or mozzarella cheese
rather then Cheddar cheese as they tend to have less oil then a
Cheddar, at least in my experience. I have done this with cheddar and
although it was still tasty, the batch with Provolone was even better.
I also suggest buying it by the block and shredding or cutting it
yourself, as most shredded cheese has cellulose added "to prevent
caking", and this cellulose tends to melt into a greasy looking mess.
Block cheese just melts better.

--
Yours in service,
Lord Vitaliano Vincenzi