[Sca-cooks] Game sources (bunny, venison) question

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 12 11:28:21 PDT 2007

I'm doing our Central Regional 12th Night feast and playing with some ideas. Most of the feast will be pretty inexpensive so I may try to spring for a couple of interesting luxury items. One of the things I'm looking at is from Curye on Inglysch, "Hares in Papdeyle" which is a rabbit ragout between sheets of pastry.

This shouldn't take too much rabbit meat for 200 diners, I'm looking at 15 or so carcasses but that will cost me around $200 from the sources I've found. Anyone have suggestions of distributors? I'm also looking for inexpensive opportunities for wild game, venison or boar.

Right now nothing is in concrete, I'm just playing with ideas. I may combine rabbit and chicken to stretch the meat budget further.

Gunthar