[Sca-cooks] My problem cooking lentils

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptd.net
Sat Oct 20 10:57:24 PDT 2007

Once again I made a pot of lentils and rice with Indian spicing, and
once again the lentils didn't cook all the way til soft.  I put just
the lentils and water in a big pot and let them "cook" over low heat
for about an hour and a half (!). Then I added the spice, turned up
the heat to medium high and cooked for another half hour. Then I
added more water and rice. Brought the whole thing to a boil then
turned it down to medium and let it keep cooking for another hour....
What is my problem? Other than I should give up cooking entirely!
You might be able to tell that I am quite annoyed!
Thanks for any advice.
Yours,
Phillipa
"My furs are not in storage, or draped across the bed,
they're hanging from the cage door, waiting to be fed."