[Sca-cooks] Kollis Fioris is a Spanish salad

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu Sep 6 16:33:17 PDT 2007

Rumpolt 47. Kollis Fioris is a Spanish salad/ that one can prepare in all sorts of ways.

I'm working on my redactions for my German feast.  The cauliflower salad recipe doesnt give any details.  My first version was cauliflower, saffron, sugar, wine and salt.  I think I remember a medieval Spanish recipe of cauliflower, saffron and orange juice, but cant find it. It might have been from the Drizzle of Honey cookbook.  I remember it being posted here and it was very good.

Does Cauliflower, orange juice, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and marjoram sound reasonable for a German feast?  All these ingredients are used elsewhere.

Ranvaig