[Sca-cooks] Fava bean recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 11 23:20:06 PDT 2007

Gianotta mentioned:
<<< Thank you, everyone, for your comments on favas at feasts. I am
glad there has been some use of them at events, but I can certainly
understand the reasons why their use has not been common! Expensive
and hard to work with in large quantities doesn't make a good
argument for frequent use!

They've been popping up in the ethnic groceries by me, so I was
thinking of trying to prepare dried ones for a St. Joseph's Day
maccu. >>>

Just in case you are looking for more fava bean recipes you might
want to look at this file in the FOOD-VEGETABLES section of the
Florilegium, or do a search on "fava" using the on-site search engine.

beans-msg        (119K)  6/ 9/00    Medieval, old-world beans. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/beans-msg.html

Hmmm. That's an old date. Obviously I've got a lot of info to add to
this file. I'm probably going to have to split something off of it
then, perhaps fava-beans-msg or some such. Yep, another 136K of
stuff. Well if anyone wants it let me know and I'll get this file
updated or send you a copy of the raw file. Sometimes I get a bit
behind in updating things.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas