[Sca-cooks] Hildegard's dips?

Britt tierna.britt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 06:04:35 PDT 2007

On 9/13/07, Johnna Holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:
> I came across this description this am while browsing in
> Jessica's Biscuit. The book was:  From Saint Hildegard's Kitchen: Foods
> Of Health, Foods Of Joy
> Description reads:
> Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179) was a remarkable woman-a scholar, nun,
> mystic, theologian, physician, and composer. She also possessed, by
> means of heavenly visions, precious knowledge about human nutrition.
> Here are hundreds of *her recipes* for meat, vegetables, salads, soups,
> cereals, pastas, sauces, dips, beverages, jams, coffees, wines and desserts.
> Her recipes?
> An twelfth century convent serving a selection of dips and coffees?

I resisted for about 15 minutes, then I pulled up my bookfinding web
pages.  Locating the above title used for under $5, I ordered it.
It'll be here at the end of the week and if nobody else has anything
to say, I'll go through it and post some opinions.  If nothing else,
it'll definitely be 'interesting' to have around.

- Teceangl