[Sca-cooks] OT-OP-help for ideas, please

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 24 13:12:04 PDT 2007

Not long after my ex-husband had a tooth removed, while we were
living in Indonesia, we dropped in to visit an American friend who
was working for some very large organization which had paid to have
her ship just about everything she owned to Jakarta. This included
all her kitchen equipment, such as her blender.

Her maid had cooked a lovely Indonesian meal for us, and since Wilson
couldn't really chew anything firm, we just put each of his servings
for each and every dish into the blender. While nearly everything had
the texture of baby food, it sure didn't taste like baby food! :-)

Also, if it's hard to get protein into the poor man, perhaps baby
food meat, or your own, pureed in the blender,and stirred into
something sweet - such as applesauce, rice pudding, etc. - sort of a
modern version of a medieval "blancmange"- would be helpful. Since
white meat chicken is so mild, it might work in many dishes.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita