[Sca-cooks] Dexter cattle

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Sep 7 11:14:28 PDT 2007

I have toyed with the idea that if we get the acreage
in the country, I'd get a Dexter for a pet.
"Pound for pound, no bovine can match the diversity of Dexter cattle,
one of the smallest cattle breeds. Standing just 36 to 44 inches at the
shoulder, Dexters are the perfect old-fashioned, family cow. Gentle,
versatile and economical, Dexters efficiently turn pasture into rich
milk and lean meat, if you're so inclined. In recent years, interest in
Dexter cattle has surged worldwide."  http://www.dex-info.net/  They're
real cute.... http://www.dex-info.net/images/Red.jpg
They also are excellent at keeping lots eaten down and free of weeds. I
hate mowing.
There are several being raised locally too, so they do well in the county.

Johnnae