[Sca-cooks] Tudor cooking

Britt tierna.britt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 22:11:28 PDT 2007

On 9/10/07, Russelle Bragg <brynach.efflam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do forgive this humble lurker to the list,
> I seek information as to Tudor menus and recipes. I am needing this
> information for a themed event for a 12th night feast. My local library is
> lacking in historical manuscripts, there for  options are limited. Can any
> one post info.

Book suggestions:
All the King's Cooks by Peter Brears.  Also Tudor Cookery, same
author.  Brears is currently my late-period expert.
All the King's Cooks would a a good resource as it's all about Hampton
Court Palace's kitchens, which are opened for Boxing Day annually, and
Brears was in charge of the cooking when they first opened in 1999,
and wrote the book.

That said, what sort of recipes are you looking for?  I own AtKC and
have my hot little hands on Tudor Cooking, so I can supply recipes and
info from same.

- Teceangl