[Sca-cooks] Honey, I'm Home...

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 11 20:40:38 PDT 2007

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa commented about the last Pennsic's weather:

<<< This year the theme for the weather was, in fact, humidity. However,
it's not usually that consistently humid-- some years it's been
suffocatingly dry, some years it's been incredibly rainy, but mostly the
trademark of Pennsic weather is that no three days in a row are
generally alike. The fact that the humidity/heat didn't drop at night to
chilly levels until the last day was unusual. Apparently there was a
major pressure system sitting on the PA/WV border that just didn't move
for about a week, causing the humidity/rain combination. >>>

Well, the last two days, Friday and Saturday, were much more Pennsic-
like than the previous two weeks. If the entire, or even most of
Pennsic had been like those two days it would have been much better.
Except on Friday morning I'd mailed home all my cold weather
clothing, but then I wouldn't have done that except at the end. I
found the humidity to be especially rough. Cold or heat or both would
have been better.

I forgot to check the weather once I got home, but does anyone know
what the weather at Cooper's Lake was like the week after Pennsic
this year? Maybe moving Pennsic forward a week wasn't a good idea... :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com